Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create segmentation development of customers

So, I want to create a table that shows how the customer develops from one segment from one month to another.

Something like

if (iscustomeratleast6months=1,sum(salesamount)>1000) then segment=A

else if (iscustomeratleast6months=0) then Segment=B

else if (isCustomeratleast6months=1,atcollection=1) then Segment=C

and so on..

I should be able to do all these calculations from my tables Transactions and Customers.

So how do I create these segments, and show how the customers develop per month?

I've been googeling quite a lot, but my lack of technical expertise makes it hard to understand how to transfer the examples to my own dataset. Can any of you please help?

CustomerID2017_012017_022017_03
12345AAB
12346CCC
12347CCC
12348AAA

Message was edited by: Xili Lin

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share some raw sample data which includes the flags such as iscustomeratleast6months and other fields such as salesamount and CustomerID.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Tried to create a sample set. The customertable only shows todays values, so man plan is to make historic data from now on, but for now I've only got the present data. I do however have a lot of salesdata. I'm worried that the sales data might break the report if I use too many calculations. So what would be the smart thing to do?

sunny_talwar

How do you create iscustomeratleast6months flag? look at the max salesdate and compare it to Today - 6 months? Also, Sum(SalesAmount) is at the customer level? You need this on the front end of the application?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't create the iscutomeratleast6monthsflag, it is a set variable from the DWH. The salesamount is at customer level.

My main problem is where to create all the ifs, and how.

sunny_talwar

I am not sure I follow... your if statement uses this

if (iscustomeratleast6months=1,sum(salesamount)>1000) then segment=A

else if (iscustomeratleast6months=0) then Segment=B

else if (isCustomeratleast6months=1,atcollection=1) then Segment=C

and so on..

What is iscustomeratleast6months? How do I know if the value is 1 or 0?