Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create the interval match and connect it to the master calender

Hi all,

There are so many date range is there in my application I don't have any idea how can i use this in my document. Major problem for me is to connect the master calender with the date range(from and to date). There are so many date range field is there in many of the tables of my document. So I confused on if i select the date or range of date how it will fall in this interval. Also all the from and to date in the tables are different.

So as to created the month,year and other dates field I have generated the master calender to date selection. But don't have any idea on how to connect this master calender with the date range and avoiding the synthetic key which may arise here.

Have attached the same document which I am working on. Hope some one can work on it to give me start.

49 Replies
d_pranskus
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

The problem is that I don't understand the requirements for application. As I understand this is application for farmaceuticals who are visiting doctors.

I qlikview you must build a data model so you can have star or snowflake schema to avoid cyclic associations

Because in this cas eyou have several fact tables with different dimension sets this is causing cyclic relations.

I have simplified your structure a little bit by joining several tables. Now

Sorry, but these two weeks I am very busy, and your data model requires some thought, it is not very easy to solve. Also it requires understanding the requirements to rebuild structure. For that I simply down't have a time - I am very busy even after work hours.

If I have some time next week I will try to solve it. If you explain what every table mean and what you are trying to achiev, it will help me a lot.

Cheers Darius

Not applicable
Author

Hi Darius,

Thank you so much for your contribution and effort even during your busy hours. Really a great effort from your side. Even I could not understand the data model of the current application which I am working as it is too huge for a newbie. As you also don't know the entire structure of my application same like me! I just wanted you to remove all those loosely coupled/circular references tables theoretically though if you are not right logically as you don't know the structure. If you could removed those discrepancies from my data model from there I can build on. That was the request from my side to you if you get some free time or else I am ready to wait next as anyway it is going to take that much time for me to overcome from this problem.

I have seen the simplified application which was developed by you. What I noticed in that is it also had memory related issue and with persisting circular/loosely coupled tables. It is good idea to join the table to simplify the data model. But the reason why we kept most of the tables separately was to do the incremental load using the modified date field which is there in the all the tables. Joining all these table to one may not help us to do the incremental load.

For your information all these circular reference/loosely coupled and memory issues started again after adding the new tables in to the data model. Before that it was working perfectly as per my requirement. I feel if you check with the newly added tables you may get some solutions.

Requesting you to kindly think about some other idea to overcome from this critical data model. Give some time for this if you get free time and if not I will wait for you till you complete your work.

I will keep you updated if I am adding or removing anything from this data model.

As requested very soon I will post you over all requirement of this application.

Many thanks to you... I will never forget your help...

Not applicable
Author

i sometimes get the same error message. All i do is shut down my laptop and try again and it works.i got 4gb ram and when i reboot it works fine

Not applicable
Author

lol sorry wrong forum

Not applicable
Author

Hi Darius,

Extremely sorry there was some mistake from my side and also I am not sure where the mistake is. Because without reloading the data in to the document I am able to see loosely coupled/circular reference tables in the data model as shown below.

But once the data has been reloaded all the circular reference/loosely coupled tables got disappeared as show below. Don't know the reason why!

But one thing which still persists is the "OUT OF VIRTUAL AND/OR LOGICAL MEMORY". Though the circular reference/loosely coupled keys has been removed. Why still there is a problem in memory.

As per you the changes which you did in the data model is correct or not? If it is correct why still there is some issue with the memory.

Please reply me once you are free as I know that you are very busy till this week so expecting your reply by next week. I just wanted to keep you updated that's the reason I have posted it.

Thanks you for help again...

Not applicable
Author

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi Darius,

As requested I am just explaining you the overall objective of this data model /application/project. As said it is indeed the related to pharmaceuticals like company's representative meeting the doctors/stockiest/chemist. The overall objective of this project is to automate the sales force and this application has been used as reporting tools for their sales force. Like whom/where/went he met the doctor,Target(Area/Region/Pool wise),Daily Call Report, Monthly Call report. This is the exactly like a salesforce.com. The data contains entire data of the sales force.

Have attached the brief detail about the application and all the requirement is based on that only.

If you can look in to it once you will get the information you are looking.

Right now the plan to create the dashboard and analytical reports for all the top level peoples and then there by we will do the same for down line also.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Darius,

I know you are busy! I am not expecting you to solve the problem by now itself. Do this little favour for me. Please reload the data in to the application which has been modified by you and check whether the memory issue is still there or not.

Because though there is no circular/loosely coupled tables why there is an memory issue in my system. I have 2GB ram in my system and I hope that is good enough the load the data. Please check it at your end and let me know whether do you have any memory related error.

I have already sent you the link to download the data base which I was using. If you have not downloaded it please download it form here.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hhku3l

Please do this favor for me my rest of the things we will see later on.

d_pranskus
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

You are getting no loops because I have commented dwr page in script before sending it to you.

To help you solve the problem I need to understand the requirements of the application and it looks that the resulting data structure should be some how remastered. But unfortunately I have no time for that. I could help you in some smaller issues, but not that big.

QV works best when you have one fact table and several dimension tables. In your case there are several fact tables, related to different dimension tables. So it causes circular references.

Cheers, Darius.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Darius,

Yes I noticed that! You have commented the dwr page. But my question is though there is no loops why there is a memory related error. Previously I had thought that I was getting the memory error due to the loops. Please explain briefly if you have time or else its ok.

I have have explained briefly about over all objective of the project. Are you not able to understand with that? Please let me know what else you wants to know. Please help me out in some or the other way as I am the only person who is working on qlikview and the technical team who is giving the queries is not sure how qlikview works and what is the solution if the problem occurs. I know it is big issue and that's the reason i need your help. I don't want solution immediately. So please take your own time and let me know what exactly you want so that you can help me out here.

It is true that there are several fact tables. In my case that is unavoidable as those fact tables are very much necessary. So it should be solved in some or the other way.

Sorry to trouble you for my problem. But I am helpless that's the reason I am behind for some solution. Kindly don't mistake!

Kindly let me know what detail you want so that I can you provide some solution. Also will much thankful you if you can explain how the data structure can be remastered. So that I can put forward it to my technical lead. Hope at least after that you should be in a position to help me out.

d_pranskus
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

HI Rikab

I am not getting any memory problems when I open the document.

Sorry but I have no time (some 1 or 2 days) to solve your problem. To start it I need to investigate the overall objective of the task. And as I said I have no time for that.

Sorry

Darius