9:01 AM4
9:41 AM5
10:31 AM6
10:40 AM7
10:55 AM8
11:40 AM9
12:30 PM10
12:39 PM11

The time difference between two Data are not same. When you plot Chart -> Line with Time on Dimensions - X-axis and Data on Expressions - Y-axis, QlikView does not plot the X-Axis linearly. It treats the values in Time as "objects" like "A", "B", "C". It seems Qlikview is placing the number of data points on X-Axis equidistant to each other. That means, if there are 10 data points in X-Axis, they are placed at an equal distance between two point, even though the time difference between two point are not same.

I want the X-Axis to be plotted linearly where every X-Axis data point is equidistant between each other based on time, and not based on the "Number" of data points.

I have a very large time frame stretching to 1 year. Can you please provide solution how to make QlikView plot X-Axis linearly based on time?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

There is an option on axis tab of chart properties 'Continuous' that does exactely what you want.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

There is an option on axis tab of chart properties 'Continuous' that does exactely what you want.

Not applicable
Author

Change your Time data to Time format as below

LOAD

Timestamp#(Time,'h:mm TT') as Time,

Data;

LOAD * INLINE [

Time, Data

8:28 AM, 1

8:33 AM, 2

8:41 AM, 3

9:01 AM, 4

9:41 AM, 5

10:31 AM, 6

10:40 AM, 7

10:55 AM, 8

11:40 AM, 9

12:30 PM, 10

12:39 PM, 11

];

then Chart Properties -> Axis tab -> Dimension Axis -> Select Continuous.

then Number tab -> Select Continuous X-axis -> select the Number format as per your requirement may be Time.

Regards,

KKR

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

Use continuous in axis, PFA.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kranthikumar,

Thank you for the response. I applied the Continuous and it worked. I had already defined "Set TimeStamp#" in the set command.

Raghu