Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suniljain
Master
Master

How to extract delta load from SAP R/3 ?.

Pls suggest the way if you implemented to extract delta load from SAP R/3 ?.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
suniljain
Master
Master
Author

it is tough to extract delta load from cluster table like KONV.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master
Author

it is tough to extract delta load from cluster table like KONV.

Not applicable

Hi Sunil,

have you ever tried using DeltaQ?

http://www.theobald-software.com/en/products/xtractqv/deltaq.htm

It offers a built-in delta-mechanism for incremenatal loads from ECC and R/3.....

regards,

Patrick

suniljain
Master
Master
Author

Dear Patrick,

Are you tried your software on KONV table for Delta load which have 500000000 records.

regards

Sunil Jain

Not applicable

Hi Sunil.

yes, in an average SAP system and good infrastructure it should take less than 18-20 hours to extract 500000000 rows.

But....

1.) The interesting point is the built-in delta option, not only the capability to extract large amount of data....

2.) I'm no QlikView expert but I expect the need for really, really good hardware to handle 500000000 rows.... Have you ever tried it in QV? In SQL server (-> non-in-Memory BI) it works fine, but maybe not in QV. I don't know....

regards,

Patrick

suniljain
Master
Master
Author

Dear Patrick,

KONV is cluster table in SAP and that table donot have any time stamp you can extract delta load directly but with help of VBRK,VBAK you can extract delta load based on KNUMV.

To extract delta load in that manner is always time out duting extraction. because SAP server takes lots of time for each KNUMV.

is it possible through DeltaQ to extract delta load from cluster table of SAP ?.

Regards;

Sunil

Not applicable

Hi Sunil,

you wouldn't use direct table acces or joins to detect your delta. The DeltaQ use OLTP data sources in R/3 that bring along their own encapsulated delta logic.
For extracting conditions one would use the extractor 2LIS_11_VAKON. Check google to find our more about the extractor.....

Regards,

Patrick

suniljain
Master
Master
Author

can you post features of DeltaQ ?.

Not applicable

Hi Sunil,

Please check out the White Paper, that is available in the download section:

http://www.theobald-software.com/en/download/xtractqv.htm

Regards,

Patrick

suniljain
Master
Master
Author

Still i have doubt regarding delta load extraction from deltaQ for KONV table ?.

Patrick , it is not simple job even though with help of deltaQ.