Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to fix the application path while loading the data in to document which is there inside the Windows Application.

Hi All,

I need to open the qv document inside the windows application. User may install our application in any of the folder/drive. So instead of fixing the path to access the qv document I have fixed the application so that we no need to worry about where the user is going to install the application.

See the below code which shows how I am accessing the qv document no matter where the user install the application.

Private Sub Command1_Click()
QlikOCX1.OpenDocument App.Path + "\OCX.qvw", "", "" //Fixed the application path
End Sub

Same thing I need to do in LOAD data also. How can fix the application path while loading the data? So that we no need to worry in which drive/folder the data is loaded.

Sales:
ODBC CONNECT TO [Data];
SQL SELECT SBU,
`PRD_CD`,
`PRD_DESC`,
TYPE,
PACKING,
`COMP_`,
BRAND,
ORG,
ZONE,
REGION,
AREA,
`HQ_DESC`,
DATE,
SQTY,
SVAL,
TQTY,
TVAL,
//FYEAR,
FORMU
FROM `E:\QLIKVIEW\APPLICATION\DATA`\new3; //How to fix the application path here

Can some one help me out to fix the application path to load the data like the way I did for loading the document into windows application.

Hope to receive from some one soon.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

Likewise you can assign the path to a variable and make use of the variable in the loading; Or you can assign the value to path in your macro script.

Let Path ='E\QLIKVIEW\APPLICATION\DATA';

For eg:
Load *
from $(Path)\new.QVDl;

Regards
Rajesh

Not applicable
Author

Rajesh Jeyaraman wrote:
Likewise you can assign the path to a variable and make use of the variable in the loading; Or you can assign the value to path in your macro script.
For eg:
Load *
from $(Path)\new.QVDl;
<div></div>

Thanks for your help. But before trying with your idea I have few questions.As show below. Data's path is not fixed to this path. It can be anything. It depends on where the user is installing the application. So it is always variable. So instead of fixing the path in the variable let know how we can fix the application path here which varies.

Let Path ='E\QLIKVIEW\APPLICATION\DATA'; // This path is not fixed here. It can be anything!

I will get back to you once I try with your idea.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can get the path of an application through Qlikview Functions and assign the same to the variable.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Rajesh Jeyaraman wrote:
You can get the path of an application through Qlikview Functions and assign the same to the variable. <div></div>

That's what! How to get the path using qlikview functions. I don't know how to do that.

You mean to do like this as mentioned in your post?

This path will not be fixed. It is always varies. Mean while end user or the person who is going to install the application will not have access to this.

Please reply!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

Create a variable and assign "=QvWorkPath".

The QlikView Function is "QvWorkPath". After declaring the variable call the variable in your script.

Regards
Rajesh

Not applicable
Author

Rajesh Jeyaraman wrote:
Create a variable and assign "=QvWorkPath".
The QlikView Function is "QvWorkPath". After declaring the variable call the variable in your script. <div></div>

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your help. I have used your idea and also from the below post and it works.