Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to gain Developer Certification

Is there anyone out there who has managed to get Developer Certification in the UK? What does it take? I am asking Qliktech and no one seems to know, and trying to find out exactly what you need to do, how long it takes and where to register is like swimming through treacle, I get pointed back to the Training Web Page, but that actually does not help. I wondered if anyone else has managed to get through the process? Who could tell me what the process is as no one in Qliktech seems to know.

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

This is good to know!

I've been using Qlikview since 6 and would love to get some formal(ish) qualification in the UK!

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Haneesh,

I want to register for the certification online, can u share us the like for this?

Shumail

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shumail,

I am not aware of registering online for the certification. If you have a partnership with Qliktech, you can contact the Qliktech training manager in your region and register for the certification.

I am aware of this process and am not sure how certifications can be done when you don't have any partnership with Qliktech.

Someone from Qliktech can provide us more information on this.

Regards,

Haneesh

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Oh Ok, Thanks Haneesh. so I need to contact my regional qlikview support team. Right!

Shumail

Not applicable
Author

yes, they should be the right contact to get more information

Cheers,

Haneesh

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Thanks Hanessh for your quick response, I already raised this I hope I would get some details from them.

Shumail

Not applicable
Author

I just passed the combo certification last month. I think it is the same as developer certification.

Getting certified is a 3 step process:

1. Read a few best practices materials. - Just download and read. No tests here.

2. Take an online exam. - Questions are straight forward and quite easy to answer. Get atleast 80% score and you'll pass.

3. Create an application. - You'll be given a requirements document and data from which you will build your application. Once finished, you'll then upload your app to the website. Afterwards, you'll meet with a censor for a review of your assignment and other things. The censor will ultimately decide if you pass or fail.

I'm not in the UK but the process should be the same.