Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avula_gk
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to get Direct SQL query in dashboard Expression.?

Hi, 

I need to compare the variable with external value from SQL server, how to achieve it in expression...?

Can i pull the data from sql server to qlikview without reloading dashboard..?

Regards,

Ganesh

Labels (1)
3 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @avula_gk 

Please refer to the following article:

How to Create ODAG Application

Kind regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
avula_gk
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, 

I have Qlikview, can you suggest QVW file format for the same.

Regards,

Ganesh

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only option of which I am aware other than ODAG as Nadia mentioned, which does work for QlikView as well, you will likely need services help though, would be the Dynamic Update option in QlikView Server, but this comes with an entire list of requirements that are likely not very palatable as well, but here is the Help link if you want to have a look.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_Qli...

The best option is doing so via the Reload, as that way you can run the Execute etc. in the load script...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.