Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

How to get rid of unnecessary values in the filters..

Hi,

We are working with a client where they have legacy data, now they have launched a new plan so some new fields are going to come into thier fact tables, in order to consider them or calculate them they have to change the dimensional tables as well. But in my qlik reports am not going to report the new facts, which is fine but as per the Qmc job flow once the job are triggered then my filters are going to the new values which are added to connect with the latest fields will come into my reports and when some user selected them as I don't have that related fact data so nothing comes in the dashboard which may be considered as an issue..

Please help me in identifying the alternate option for this...

1 Reply
jayanttibhe
Creator III
Creator III

Hi - Your question is too Theoretical and sample app with some data will really help.

However, what i got is  -

-  You have unwanted data in the Dimensional Tables (As you are ignoring the similar fields in the Fact tables - so those are not an issue)

You can either use LEFT keep or Inner Keep on all the Dims tables so that only those Keys and corresponding Fields will be populated which have Valid data in the Fact tables and other Garbage or unwanted Dim Field data will be ignored.

OR

You can keep your datamodel intact and use the Section Access with "Strict Exclusion" option on "Initial data reduction Based on Section Access" on Corresponding Key Field / Fields in your Datamodel in Fact Table.

If you have not deep dive on second option then the First option will be easier bet.

Hope it will help!