Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get totals for calculated expressions in a pivot table?

Hello!

I'm working on an app to calculate debit and credit entries that will be posted to our general ledger for various accounts.  Each journal entry made to an account will have 32 credit lines and one debit line.  The amount for each credit line is calculated as an expression in a pivot table, using other expressions (not dimensions).  I'd like to be able to get the total of the credits so that I may compare that amount to the debit entry, to ensure that the debit and credit amounts net to zero.

I've found that I can get subtotals in a pivot table if the expression is created using only dimensions, not other expressions.  Is it possible to get totals for expressions created using other expressions?

I've attached an Excel spreadsheet that depicts the output I'm getting from QlikView and the output I would like to get.

Thank you in advance for your assistance with my question. 

UnivofVA

1 Reply
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Uni of VA,

I have attached a Qlikview file, but I used a Straight table instead of a Pivot Table and I got the result I believe you are looking for

I just hope it is

Regards

Alan