Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to hide an empty line/column and different border for one dimension

Hi,

I'm looking for how to hide empty lines (or columns) in a pivot table.

My Pivot table have two expressions, e.g. $Sale and %Variation.

%Variation is based calc of two lines (first and second year of $Sales, for example). This formula results empty values for %Var Grand Total and for the first year. (for each primary dimension I have)

Jan Feb

Area X - 2008 - Sales 100 200

%Var (empty line) <--- how to eliminate?

2009 - Sales 150 220

%Var 50% 10%

Area Y - 2008 - Sales 50 80

%Var (empty line) <---- how to eliminate?

2009 - Sales 55 160

%Var 10% 100%

I attached one picture ( I want to eliminate the lines painted with red elipses...)

Second question:

Is there one way to paint the line border for one dimension differently? (green lines in picture)

Any help one these questions?

best regards

1 Reply
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The "book answer" to your first question is - No, the structure of a Pivot Table is fixed, you can't eliminate expressions from some lines.

The alternative solution I'd recommend is creating separate expressions for year 1, year 2 and the Difference, using Set Analysis (if you always compare 2 years only). This way, you might be able to get away from the Pivot Table structure and work with much more flexible and efficient Straight Table.

Regarding your second question - try using "Custom Format Cell". It becomes available when Design Grid is turned on, by right-clicking the chart cell that needs a custom design. I believe you should be able to change the grid color for a single dimension.

regards,