Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to load data from separate databases {Conditional}

Hi ,

I am receiving 3 different databases (Each having 7-8 tables) from different sources. These databases are client specific data which we are receiving at scheduled time (means one DB is updated on every Monday , one on Friday & one is on random weekday ). We are having separate Sheets for all clients making sure of data integrity .

So my concern is every time I am loading whole data manually (all 3 databases) even if only one database is updated. So I am reloading one DB two times tan expected per week .

So is there any way anyone can suggest to load Qlikview document part wise depending upon whenever i receive particular updated DB. Currently I am not looking for scheduling loading , but only script logic where I can make it happen.

Regards,

Bhushan

3 Replies
prasad
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

You can automate the job using schedule tasks. ie create a exe which mentiones the qvd file and call the exe file from scheduled task. The can be automated to refreshe the qlikview doucment at the set time. Please refer to qlikview manual for automated jobs.

Prasad

Not applicable
Author

a useful trick could be to conditionally set a variable to '//' or ' ' given the current day, and put this variable on the beginning of the line you want to have executed on a particular day

example :

let vDay=weekday(now());
let ifMon=if(vDay='mon.', ' ', '//');

$(ifMon) LOAD * INLINE [
$(ifMon) F1
$(ifMon) hop
$(ifMon) hip
$(ifMon) hup
$(ifMon) ];

the load will be executed only on mondays

Not applicable
Author

Hi George ,

This is input i am looking for.

Let me try this in my script & will let you know .

Thanks alot

Bhushan N