Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ingoniclas
Creator II
Creator II

How to mark selected values in table?

Hi,

I have a client who wants to see which values have been selected in the same table where the results are shown. Example: I have selected 'Company A' in the field 'Company' and 'Product B' in the field 'Product'. Now these two values should be marked or labeled e.g. by colouring the fields yellow. How can this be achieved? 

Thanks,

Ingo

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can use getcurrentselections() or getfieldselections() (or even the current selections object itself) to capture the selection information and put it in some object separately or in the same chart itself and then let the user export it. For better formatted user friendly solution, you might have to look for macro which is not a good proposal to consider.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

In the presentation tab of the chart properties, check 'Selection Indicators' like below:

Capture.JPG

The green dot beside Period field - means value(s) from the same field is selected.

ingoniclas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks. But this is not what I'm looking for. The client wants to send the table to excel and see in this excel table the selected values.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can use getcurrentselections() or getfieldselections() (or even the current selections object itself) to capture the selection information and put it in some object separately or in the same chart itself and then let the user export it. For better formatted user friendly solution, you might have to look for macro which is not a good proposal to consider.
ingoniclas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Babyface! getcurrentselections() will do the job!