Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to optimize the slow reloading/fetching of data thru ODBC-oracle?

Hi,

I'm stuck here. I'm already connected to Oracle database via ODBC. But the problem is that, fetching of data takes so slow, 200,000 rows takes 30mins? This is not ideal. How to optimize this problem? Please let me know. I need the answer asap.

DOES LOCATION OF THE SERVER/DATASOURCE AFFECTS? I guess so.

Thanks,

Bill

2 Replies
etl_tools
Creator
Creator

May be the problem is not QlikView but the execution plan?

Have you tried running the same SQL in sql-plus and saving the results into text file?

Mike

ETL-Tools QlikView Connector can transform and validate Strings, Numbers, Dates, Postcodes, phone numbers, Driving licences and much more. All this can be achieved without writing a single line of code.

http://dbsoftlab.com/etl-tools/qlikview-connector/overview.html

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Bill,

location of server and network architecture (VPN, WAN, ..) could be related to network roundtrip time. We also had to face same problems with Oracle, ODBC and QV 9 why we've developed our JDBC connector to try out a different settings and parameterizations to speed things up..

But there could be also other causes as Oracle client installation, version mismatches and of course a slow query.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D