Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to remove qvw file permanently from live folder and reload engine

Hi,

I have one Sales.qvw which is scheduled daily in reload engine. The file is getting data from SQL database tables. But now the databases are migrated. And the database which is used in Sales.qvw is deleted form SQL server instance. so, obviously the qvw is failed in reload engine. I want to remove sales.qvw completely from the Live folder and reload engine. There are two document CALs assinged to Sales.qvw. Could any let me know how to remove the file completely form live folder and from reload engine. Will it effect to any ServerCounters.pgo.CalData.pgo,Inidata.pgo, TicketData.pgo if I remove Sales qvw file. Will I get Document CAL count back if I remove it. i,e for eg: I have 10 document CALs in server in which 8 is assigned, so if I remove will I get those 2 document CAls back, so that I can able to see 6 document CALs in server.

Could anyone help me in this as I don't have much awareness of server functionality.

Thanks.

12 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hmmm, AFAIK clearing out .pgo files amounts to deleting them altogether. That may be too much of a shock therapy, I guess.

Last year, David VASSEUR submitted a nice QlikView-based toolkit for handling lost CALs. It's called the Qlikview Server CAL Manager and it can help you in figuring out why these licenses fail to reappear.

Good luck,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

I dont have Source Docs either on my install, every month I have to take a "locked" down snapshot version and remove previous "locked" version from server..

All I need to do, is delete the usergroups/users from the authorisation section (press apply), then deselect the Enabled checkmark from the Reload Schedule (press apply)

That removes it from being accessed/visible.

Not applicable
Author

What you can do is try to remove these files with the help any file eraser software. For reference you can watch this video on YouTube.

http://youtu.be/jYo5WCfxL5Q