Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to select a "forecast version" without filtering out actuals with no forecast?

I have two simple tables, one with actual sales by week.  The other with forecast sales by week.  The forecast table includes a "forecast version" field so that it can contain different forecasts for the same week.

Imagine combining data from the two tables, including the forecast version.  Where a week has actuals but no forecast, Qlikview correctly creates a record with an actual field and a null value in the forecast version field.

My problem arises when I select a specific forecast version with the intention of comparing this forecast to the actual sales.  Qlikview filters out the above records (where there are actuals but no forecast) because the forecast version is null - as opposed to the forecast version I selected.

My first thought was to see whether I could select a "null" forecast version as well as the one I wanted to view.  Unfortunately, the control only includes values that exist in the table - so Null is not an option.

All ideas welcome.  Many thanks, Simon

2 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

you can use set analysis

for example let say your expression is:

sum(actual) then

write something like :

sum({<forcast_version=>}actual)

that should work for you

Not applicable
Author

Great idea - thx.  The people who I'm aiming to deploy the tool to are not very sophisticated, can you think of any ideas that allow me to lock this behaviour into the application so this becomes the default when new charts are created without the use of the sets?