Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Read about the latest Qlik Community enhancements on the Community News blog!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avicnellyy
Contributor
Contributor

How to show 10 values only for a dimension

Hi

I am trying to create a temporary pick list for our warehouse whilst we change systems. My dimensions are Supplier / Order Number / Product / BBE / Pallet ref / Location (there are others but not that affect this I don't think).

Expression is Quantity (on each specific pallet).

We have a lot of pallets for the same product, so I want it to just suggest 10 pallets for them to choose from based on the oldest BBE.

I am currently using this calculated dimension in a pivot table:

=if(aggr(rank(sum(quantity)),best_before_date)<=10,best_before_date)

But this pulls back the first 10 BBE dates, and shows all the pallets with those BBE dates (which is still too many).

If I change BBE in the above formula to 'Pallet ref' then it gives me 10 pallets with the highest quantity, which I don't want.

How do I get it to only show 10 pallet references (or the minimum required - ie 2 BBE dates, first has 5 pallets second may show 7)

Labels (5)
13 Replies
sunny_talwar

okay checking
sunny_talwar

Most of the Pallet seem to have a Qty of 108. How would you Rank all the 108s?

avicnellyy
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I want to rank by the BBE - which is a dimension, not an expression

sunny_talwar

You want to Rank by BBE, but you want to Rank, sum(Qunatity), right? What you are ranking has the same value. I feel like I am not 100% sure I understand your issue. I can continue to help, but I hope someone else who understand your issue might be able to help you better here.