Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jblank
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to show total sessions by company along with its top channel?

Hello,

I wonder if anyone has an idea on getting such a table as below but with the total sessions by company along with the single top channel (by company´s sessions).  I use the LIMITATION  FIXED NUMBER = 1 which works but then I ultimately get that Session number for that Channel. And  when I try a TOTAL aggregation for Sessions, I get that desired total number by company name but Top Channel is becoming odd (showing a channel but not the top one)

Company Name Company Type Sessions Asset Downloads/Pageviews Video Views Top Channel
Company 1 Prospect 316 50 10 Paid Search
Company 2 Prospect 162 2 0 Paid Social
Company 3 Prospect 101 0 0 Direct
Company 4 Prospect 73 5 0 Organic Social
Company 5 Prospect 71 3 0 Organic Search
Company 6 Customer 46 0 0 Direct
Company 7 Partner 46 17 1 Organic Search
Company 8 Prospect 45 35 2 Organic Search
Company 9 Prospect 43 0 0 Organic Search
Company 10 Prospect 40 4 0 Paid Social
Company 11 Prospect 40 0 0 Direct
Company 12 Customer 39 9 0 Organic Search
Company 13 Prospect 32 5 0 Organic Search
Company 14 Prospect 30 0 0 Organic Search
Company 15 Prospect 24 6 1 Organic Search
Company 16 Prospect 22 33 3 Organic Search
Company 17 Prospect 20 0 1 Organic Search
Company 18 Prospect 19 2 1 Organic Search
Company 19 Customer 16 3 0 Organic Search
Company 20 Customer 14 5 0 Organic Search

Thanks a lot for your help!

6 Replies
jblank
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Update - I got a bit closer (but not really what I want) by applying

Aggr(NODISTINCT Sum([Sessions]), [CompanyName]).

This works only as long as I also keep the original Sessions field (showing Sessions for the relevant Channel). Even its position needs to remain.

I wonder if there is a more elegant solution?!

Thanks, Joerg

jblank
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you - but actually I am looking to solve this problem from within QLIK Sense App, not in generic GA 😉

Barajas112
Contributor
Contributor

Nice post! We do our best to stay compliant. We don't need issues.

My Sanford Chart

billy29
Contributor
Contributor

You need to collect both session and channel data to be able to show the total number of sessions by company and its top channel. Group the sessions by company and channel, figure out the total number of sessions for each combo, and then look at each company to see which channel has the most sessions. Lastly, show the results in a clear way, including the number of sessions for each company and their top platforms.

ACE Flare Account

Kerry23
Contributor
Contributor

You require sessions, companies, and channels data to show company total sessions and top channel. Group the data by company, aggregate the sessions, and find the channel with the most sessions in each company group. Display each company's total sessions and top channel in a table or chart.

mynorthsidehr

asfatsga_12
Contributor
Contributor

You can take the following actions to display the total sessions per firm along with its top channel:

1. Gather information on sessions and channels for each business.
2. Count the total number of sessions for each company and group the sessions by company.

3. Identify the channel with the most sessions within each company group.
4. Show the overall number of sessions for each business together with its top channel.

dqfanfeedback