Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to store data in an existing txt file

Hello,

I'm having some issues on inserting rows in an existing txt file.

Let's assume that i have called "history.txt" :

history:
LOAD * INLINE ['QVDSource','QVDDestination','NombredeLignes','DebutChargement','FinChargement','Erreur'];
STORE history into $(vAppPath)\historique.txt (txt,);

I have these variables : vNumberOfRows, vQVDSource, vQVDDest, vStartLoad, vEndLoad, vError

and i need to insert these variables into history.txt.

What i've tried to do is :

----------------

historique:
LOAD * FROM $(vAppPath)\history.txt (txt);
Concatenate(history)
LOAD * INLINE ['QVDSource','QVDDestination','NombredeLignes','DebutChargement','FinChargement','Erreur'
$(vQVDSource), $(vQVDDest) ,$(vNbLigne) , $(vStartLoad) , $(vEndLoad), $(vError)];

STORE historique INTO $(vAppPath)\historique.txt (txt);

------------------

The output file contains one more fields with symbols :

QVDSource,QVDDestination,NombredeLignes,DebutChargement,FinChargement,Erreur,QVDSource

,E_DIM_SPECIALITES_INFRA.QVD,,3/15/2017 4:47:09 PM,3/15/2017 4:47:09 PM,,DIM_SPECIALITES_INFRA.QVD

Do anyone have a solution ?

ManyThanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

That's not an extra field else it is the utf8 header (BOM) from the file - qlikview could only store within the utf8 file-format. I think if you extend your file-format specification to: (txt, utf8) by loading and storing the file it should work.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

That's not an extra field else it is the utf8 header (BOM) from the file - qlikview could only store within the utf8 file-format. I think if you extend your file-format specification to: (txt, utf8) by loading and storing the file it should work.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, it resolved my issue.