Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to sum an average in a pivot table

How can you sum an average in a pivot table

I have a colom named FTE

this values come with the formule avg (FTE)

Only the  subtotal is now 1 but i want to see 5. A sum of (FTE) doesnt work i must work with the average.

Thank You

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not quite clear because you didn't specify the dimensions.  But in general it may look like this:

sum(aggr(avg (FTE),dimensionfield))

Regards,

Michael

Edit: If there are multiple dimensions there, use all, comma-separated, instead of the dimensionfield above.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Can you use a straight table instead of a pivot? There you can use sum of rows for the avg expression.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not quite clear because you didn't specify the dimensions.  But in general it may look like this:

sum(aggr(avg (FTE),dimensionfield))

Regards,

Michael

Edit: If there are multiple dimensions there, use all, comma-separated, instead of the dimensionfield above.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The Pivot Table does not cater for the average function on the Rows (this is coming in QV 11).

If you even try to 'fool' the chart by first making it a normal chart table with the average of the rows option enabled and then changing that chart to a pivot table, the totals will always be a straight total. As per other posts, your best bet is to use a normal chart table format.