Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to take values from previous month

Hello

I'm trying to create a chart with opened cases, closed and remaining cases.

And I was only able to create something la this (see picture below) , but is not good.

Capture1.JPG

You can see now that the remaining cases is difference between 'Opened' and 'Closed', but I want to be different.

I want Remaining cases to take the cases that are still opened from previous month, in the current month. For example if I have 2 cases in 09/2014 which was closed in 10/2014, in 10/2014 I should have these 2 cases.

I have a 'formula' for the remaining cases, but I don't know how to take the values from the previous month.

remaining in month M = Remaining Month M-1 + Open cases on Month M – Closed Cases on Month M

Please keep in mind that Closed cases on Month M = Created Cases which has been closed during month M +  Created Cases in previous month which has been closed in month M.

FYI : The closed cases are those which has 'closedMonth'.

Thanks!

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If possible, post a small sample QVW, that makes it easier to understand your data model and create a solution.

In general, you can try enabling the full accumulation mode on expression tab for that remaining cases expression.

Or using rangesum(above()) to accumulate your values, maybe something like

=Rangesum(Above (FullExpressionToCalculateRemaining), 0, rowno() ))

Edit: Replace FullExpressionToCalculateRemaining with your expression to calculate the remaining cases.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try this,

For the third expression go to Expression Tab under Accumulation select Accumulate and set value 1 for step back...This should work...