Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasmahajan

How to use this expression in calculate dimension

Dear All,

I have following expression & I want to use this in calculated dimension how do I use in calculated dimension

=(SUM({<FinancialYear=,Quarter=,MonthName=>} AGGR(if( (Date(vDateForAgeing)-if(isnull(Date([DUE_DATE])),1,Date([DUE_DATE])) <=30),SUM({$<FinancialYear=,Quarter=,MonthName=,[Posting Date] ={"<=$(=MonthEnd(Max([Posting Date])))"}>}[Net Outstanding])),DOC_NO,Customer,Location))

/100000)

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You need to put an aggr around it so it calculates sum values over one or more dimensions.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Do you really want a numeric value to be used as a dimension?

vikasmahajan
Author

Can you modify and send me how ?

Vikas

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, because I don't know which dimensions you want to aggregate the sums over. You already have an aggr function in that expression so you should know how aggr works.

vikasmahajan
Author

DOC_NO,Customer,Location  this are my dims used for aggr

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I really have no idea what you're trying to do. You can try removing the outer sum from your expression or adding an aggr around it that uses those dimensions again. The latter option doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you should simply try both options and see if one does what you want.

vikasmahajan
Author

I want to display  0-30 in bucket  and rest in expression

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Could you post your sample app with sample data?

vikasmahajan
Author

application can not share thanks.

Vikas