Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I have a TreeView Listbox and want to select whole module at once

ll.JPG.jpg

See snapshot I want to select all Group junior staff without clicking to change + to -. What do i do?

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Emac,

Within your field you will need to have 'Group Junior Staff' as a selectable value.

At the moment in the underlying field you have

'Group Junior Staff\SS1'

'Group Junior Staff\SS2'

in the data.

If you have the value

'Group Junior Staff'

in the same field and then then you will be able to select on that, which will select the whole group.

Hope that helps

Joe

Not applicable
Author

Hello Joe,

You aren't getting my question. Plz take a good look at the snapshot. I want to select in Group not individual level.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Emac,

you want to be able to select 'Group Junior Staff' (and by extension all the values below) from the top level of the tree, but at the moment that is greyed out and so no achievable? i.e You can't click it

You need to have 'Group Junior Staff' as a possible value within your tree in order to select from the top like that.

Which is what I was trying explain above.

If I have misunderstood, please expand and explain further

hope that helps

thanks

Joe

Not applicable
Author

This not possible in Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Please see attached the impossible

Selecting the top level of the tree in the example, selects all the group below, which I think is what you are after?

hope that helps

thanks

Joe

Not applicable
Author

Wao.. this wat i want but am loading from SQL server

Not applicable
Author

It's just an example, but you should be able to do the same even if loading from SQL. Once you have the field in QV memory you can adjust to what you require I'm sure. Concatenate and resident load, just taking the first level of the tree for instance

thanks

Joe

Not applicable
Author

That was what i did at first I believe is the "Load inline" that helped out

Not applicable
Author

I have 5 different fields am loading from but not working as i wanted it to