Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I need a extended manual/tutorial of the functions of Qlik

Hello. My name is gregorio and I am new with Qlik, so my level is very poor.

I would need a document where I can find a descripcion of each function and examples of use ( I already know there are a lot).

Example: "IsNum" , The only thing I can read in the application is "bool ISNum (expr).

I need examples and a help similar to excel, if it is possible.

I will thank any answer . It is very important for me.

Greetings

Gregorio

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

goyooo wrote:
I would need a document where I can find a descripcion of each function and examples of use ( I already know there are a lot).
Example: "IsNum" , The only thing I can read in the application is "bool ISNum (expr).

Greetings
Gregorio
<div></div>

Gregorio,

As previous posters have said, the Reference Manuals, help files and searching the archives/posting questions to the forum are the best examples of how to learn QlikView. If you need additional training, please check out our training site at http://www.qlik.com/training, and you can take a number of online courses, as well as schedule classroom or in-house training sessions.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gregorio,

please have a look into QlikViews help file.

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

thank you, but is not enough.

What I need is higher detail. I mean, if you read the SW help, for that function you will find a sentence. But no examples of the use , or combinations with other functions.

In other words, I have already checked the help of the SW but is poor for using properly the functions.

The question is... Is another source for this?

Thanks in advance

Greetings

Gregorio

Not applicable
Author

Gregorio:

I am not aware that an manual as you would like exists for QlikView. Therefore the best thing I can advise you is to have a look at www.php.net. The structure of the functions of PHP are fairly similar to QlikView and the Documentation - especially the examples - of PHP is very good. Hope that will help a bit.

Jochem

Not applicable
Author

QV Reference Manual could be good place to start.

Regards

Eraaj

Not applicable
Author

goyooo wrote:

Greetings
Gregorio
<div></div>

Gregorio,

As previous posters have said, the Reference Manuals, help files and searching the archives/posting questions to the forum are the best examples of how to learn QlikView. If you need additional training, please check out our training site at http://www.qlik.com/training, and you can take a number of online courses, as well as schedule classroom or in-house training sessions.

Hope this helps!

bismart
Creator
Creator

Another good place to check is the API Guide application which is installed with the software...