Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Idenitifying dates after today

Hi,

I have a pivot table with a order date in.  I would like to use visual cues to identify dates that are after todays date - what is the expression that i need to use in the visual cues tab?

Thanks

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Order Date is a dimension, right?

Do you want to colour the dimension values or the cells with expression?

Either way, I would extend the dimension / expression attributes by clicking the '+' sign next to, the add an expression for background color like:

= if (OrderDate > today(), red())

Regards,

Stefan

Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee
Author

Hi Stefan,

I tried what you suggested but no luck – it doesn’t make any difference to the formatting of the cells that are in the future.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sunil

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited. QlikTech UK Limited, registered in England and Wales with number 5292408, and whose registered office is Villiers House, Clarendon Avenue, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 5PR.

its_anandrjs

Hi skh,

You need to select date field and put the code Today() in the >= text box in visual cues tab and set ie, Upper part and set color which ever you want green or red as well as check mark bold this are done on the date filed that you have.

Regards,

Anand

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Please have a look at attached sample.

Stefan

its_anandrjs

Hi,

See the attached sample file and Visual Cues setting.

Hope this helps you

Anand