Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

If expression current selection month < expression current selection month

Dear community,

I'm having troubles with creating a formula when a expression based of the current selected Month is greater then the same expression based of the current selected Month - 1 (previous Month), the object shows a green icon or a red icon.

The Icon with colors I can figure out, but Im stuck at the current month > previous month part.

This is what it approx. should look like, but cant seem to get the formula to work.

=If (Num((Sum({<Type={'A'}>}Project_Days_waiting)
/
Sum({<Type={'A'}>}Project_date_start)))
>
Num((Sum({<Type={'A'}>}Project_Days_waiting)
/
Sum({<Type={'A'}>}Project_date_start))) -previous month,'Green icon'
,'Red icon'))

Obviously the -previous month code part is wrong, but thats my question...what is the correct code in this situation.

Regards,

Sijmen

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Depends on what kind of month field you have.

Maybe

=If(Sum({<Type={'A'}>}Project_Days_waiting)/Sum({<Type={'A'}>}Project_date_start)

>

Sum({<Type={'A'}>}Project_Days_waiting)/Sum({<Type={'A'}>}Project_date_start)

-

Sum({<Type={'A'}, Month={'$(=max(Month)-1)'}>}Project_Days_waiting)/Sum({<Type={'A'}, Month={'$(=max(Month)-1)'}>}Project_date_start),

'Green icon',

'Red icon'

)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Gysbert.

We use 'Peil_datum' as the dimension where users can select a month in a listbox.

Listbox.png

So all I need to do is replace 'Month' with 'Peil_datum' in my situation?

Regards,

Sijmen

Not applicable
Author

Solved this by creating 2 variables in the document and using the 2 variables in the expression.

vSelectedYearMonth    Num(If( Max(Peil_Jaar_Maand) > Today(), Today(), Max(Peil_Jaar_Maand)))

vPrevSelectedYearMonth        num((VSelectedYearMonth)-1)

Use this part in the expression.

{< Peil_Jaar = {$(=Year(VPrevSelectedYearMonth))} , Peil_Maand = {$(=Month(VPrevSelectedYearMonth))}

Regards,

Sijmen