Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnieV
Contributor
Contributor

Import string with variable

Hello,

In my QlikView project I import an excel file.
This excel file contains strings that I use throughout the project.

In some of these strings, I would like to reference a variable from my QlikView project so I don't have to cut the string into multiple parts.
The string looks something like this: "this is a string that contains a vVariable in the middle fo the sentence."

Is it possible to replace "vVariable" with the variable in QlikView? If so, how do I need to reference the variable in my excel file?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Taoufiq_Zarra

you didn't provide enough detail.

Capture.PNG

here for example I created a text with = "this is a string that contains a vVariable in the middle of the string" 

I created a variable with the value  vVariable =1

the expression

=replace(text,'vVariable',vVariable)

can give us "this is a string that contains a 1 in the middle of the string" 

??

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

can you share an example

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

AnnieV
Contributor
Contributor
Author

an example is one cell with the string "this is a string that contains a vVariable in the middle of the string" where vVariable is the variable

AnnieV
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Taoufiq_Zarra

you didn't provide enough detail.

Capture.PNG

here for example I created a text with = "this is a string that contains a vVariable in the middle of the string" 

I created a variable with the value  vVariable =1

the expression

=replace(text,'vVariable',vVariable)

can give us "this is a string that contains a 1 in the middle of the string" 

??

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Annie, did Taoufiq's last post get you what you needed?  If so, do not forget to return to the thread and on his last post, use the Accept as Solution button to give him credit for the help, let other Members know it worked and close the thread.  If you did something else, please consider posting that, mark it to close things out, and if you are still working on things, let us know where you stand and what you still need.  More details would be helpful, as I am having a bit of a hard time understanding exactly what it is you wish to do too.  Attaching a sample QVW would be very helpful on this one, so we can see exactly what you have going.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.