Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Include two fields in set analysis

Hi,

My user has a graph were they can input how the data is selected ignoring current selections.

I need to perform a set analysis where for on of the fields they can select two values if they want to.

I have an input box that returns their selection. selection choice for input1: a,b or c

They will sometimes want to filter their results by a and b. so I have put in the option of selecting 'a','b','c' and 'a+b'.

i am not sure how to approach this my current implementation only allows them to select one selection per field. It is only input 1 where I would like to give the option to input two selections.

avg({1<  IField1 = {'$(vInput1)'} ,IField2 ={'$(vInput2)'},IField3 ={'$(Input3)'}>}DISTINCT $(vSalesData))

Any suggestions are very much appreciated

Thanks

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If your variable contains 'a','b','c' then you shouldn't enclose your variable expansion in single quotes:

IField1 = {$(vInput1)}

'a+b' is unusable, so you should change that option to 'a','b'.

If what you're asking is how you create a list of options for your input box then on the Constraints tab choose Predefined Values in Drop-down, check the option Listed values and enter 'a','b','c';'a','b'  (a semicolon separated list of values).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply

What I'm looking for is to have a set that includes a. and a set that includes a and b depending on which one the user selects.

if(vInput = 'a + b',  avg({1<  IField1 = {'a','b'} ,IField2 ={'$(vInput2)'},IField3 ={'$(Input3)'}>}DISTINCT $(vSalesData)),

avg({1<  IField1 = {'$(vInput1)'} ,IField2 ={'$(vInput2)'},IField3 ={'$(Input3)'}>}DISTINCT $(vSalesData))

I've been playing around with an expression like the one above but I cant seem to get it to work.