Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inconsistent shift-click filter behavior

I am seeing inconsistent behavior when I try to shift-click on a List Box. I would expect to be able to click the first item, then shift click the next item and it would select every item in the list between the first and second item.

On my current system I see this expected behavior when using IE and in Development Application. But, when I open the same application on Firefox or Chrome she shift click is not working. I select the first item, then when I shift click the next item it just selects the new item. A coworker is also seeing the bad behavior in IE.

Is there something I need to set to assure that shift click behavior is always supported? Or is this a known bug?

Thanks

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I've noticed that in developer shift click doesn't work when web view is enabled, so maybe it has something to do with the AJAX environment.  Click and drag seems to consistently work and accomplishes the same thing.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Jessica,

I dont fully understand how and why shift click would work in a list box.

Even in a desktop version when you try shift clicking it wont work the same way like in excel. Different concepts.

Only two things would accomplish multiple selections.

Ctrl+click and click-drag

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong

Thanks

AJ

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Shift-Click does work as you would expect in the Desktop and IE Plugin versions.  It seems not to in Ajax or Web View.  Hopefully this is something that will be fixed at some point soon.  If it is a deal breaker for someone it will be worth emailing support@qlik.com and see if it is on their known issues list.

Another multi-select option is Ctrl and click each item - but that could be tedious for long lists.