cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james
Creator III
Creator III

Input Box Date Range

All - Dos anyone have any solid working solution that will select a date range based on a user input into a "Input Box"?

Many users are technically challneged and having an easy box for start and end would help, the slider seems to complicated

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

James,
I'm not sure what is your definition of a "solid working solution"... The attached example is showing how to select a date range based on a user input into a "Input Box". Actually, two "calendar objects" instead of the input boxes. If you wish, you can use input boxes here.
(My own definition of a "solid working solution" - use selections in the fields (year, month, date). No input boxes, no macros.)

james
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Michael, I completely agree, the best solution is to click. Some users just cnanot grasp it, I dont know why, they just cant..

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you use input boxes instead of Calendar objects, you'll have to do some validation. Here's an example using input boxes that validates for:

- Correct date format
- Date with possible range
- Start < End

-Rob

james
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Rob, I cant seem to change this to use MonthYear..any idas

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What part(s) are you having trouble with, validating the input or making the selection?

Can you upload your sample?

-Rob

Not applicable

Rob,

Using your Example Posted Here, If you select Jan as a month shouldnt all the Dates in JAN Go green Instead of White (available to be selected from) or am i understanding this wrong

Colin

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Add the dateChange as an OnChange event to correct this.

-Rob