Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Input box not saving variable value on Web Version

Hi everyone.  I have done some searching of the forums, but can't find anything specific about this issue.

I am trying to set up some reporting.  The users need to add custom text to the report.  Things like:  'in this period we see blah blah blah'.

I thought I could add an input box in the various sections of the app and then create a text object that I can put in the report.  It all worked great in the desktop version, but when doing it from the web, I cannot save the text.  When you move off the control it resets the text to its original value.  I have tested from a normal user account and an admin account.

Any ideas?

regards

Shane

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, you have to download the ie plugin , each user have to dowload to use it.

in the acces point, at the right top you will have and direct acces to download and install

good luck!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, what are you use IEPlugin or FULL Browser?

to solve the problem you do a qlikview trigger? or a macro?

shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks for your quick reply.

Full browser version.

Not sure what you mean by using a trigger or macro.  How would this solve the problem?

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, i think you can resolve using macro

----------------------------------------------------------------------

sub InputMail

Mail = trim(InputBox("Enter Source Group Name","Valor por defecto","xxxx))

end sub

//that code create a variable MACRO , that have the text that the user enter at the input box

---------------------------------------------------------------------

put this sub in edit module (ctrl +m)  and call this sub using a buton

you would save a variable mail that contain the value that the user put in the input box , and that would be the value that you will use in yours reportin as a variable.

shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks.  I tested using my admin account by opening using IE plugin, and I could then save the text.  So this looks like the right solution.  However, when I tried this from a user machine and account, I did not have the option to open using the ie plugin.  Any idea why that might be?

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, you have to download the ie plugin , each user have to dowload to use it.

in the acces point, at the right top you will have and direct acces to download and install

good luck!

shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Again.  I have looked at the access point web page in IE, but I do not see any option to download the plugin.

shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I have found the option in the Qlikview Management Console to show the download link for the plugin.

System\Setup\Web Server\Accesspoint\ bottom option.

Thanks Fernando!

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Your Welcome Shane!

Good luck

Fernando