Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulm
Contributor III
Contributor III

InputAvg Limitations?

Hi,

I am currently using a number of inputavg pivots one of which is not showing up correctly.  I have tried recreating it, analysing the figures below and cannot find any issues. Normal "avg" function works perfect.

Does anyone know a limitation of InputAvg that I could focus my search on?

Thanks
Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check that the inputfield has been populated correctly, as if the table it is in is amended after the inputfield is added to it, that inputfield can be changed to some form of autonumber.

Another thing to check, if you are manipulating the inputfield, is whether you should set a distribution mode in the second paramater of the inputavg() function. I usually set this as '*'.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check that the inputfield has been populated correctly, as if the table it is in is amended after the inputfield is added to it, that inputfield can be changed to some form of autonumber.

Another thing to check, if you are manipulating the inputfield, is whether you should set a distribution mode in the second paramater of the inputavg() function. I usually set this as '*'.

Jonathan

paulm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Yes the input field had a single duplicate in it which was casuing the issue.

Thanks

Paul