Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steliosg
Partner - Contributor III

InputSum Function not working If I reload via binary Statement

Hello,

when I'm using the inputsum function in my document, to a straight table for example, it works fine.

But if I create a new qvw and perform a reload via binary statement

from the previous qvw ,then when I try to use the inputsum function, to a straight table for example, I get

an error message "Error In Expression".

Any ideas;

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi steliosg,

Are you trying to use the inputsum function on the inputfield of the previous qvw file? in this case, try to redefine the field as inputfield again on the new qlikview file, I think the new load take the field as a normal field and not like an inputfield.

You will find a problem, the data introduced in an inputfield only belong to the user who made the changes, so, you can't load this data when the reload process happens.

I hope this help you.

Best regards.

steliosg
Author

Hi miguel,

Thank you for your response.

I had already tryied that.

After the binary statement i placed Inputfield FieldName ; and it didn't worked.

Any further suggestion is welcomed.

steliosg
Author

Hello Miguel,

Can you please be more specific about your answer because i was a little bit confused

about the action I should apply.

editszikra
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue... for me the cells go blank with no option for user input... did you find a way around it?

thanks

editszikra
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue the user input option simply disappears... did you manage to solve it?
Thx