Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inputfield - Desktop client to AccessPoint

It is my understanding that inputfields are linked dynamically with the user on the AccessPoint, i.e. if a user updates an inputfield on the AccessPoint, only that user would be able to see the changes.

However, it was also my understanding that by entering data in an inputfield within the desktop client, that data would then be visible by ANY user on the Qlikview AccessPoint. I.e. the field has been updated on the master copy and should be visible to any user.

This appears also to not be the case, either with AccessPoint access or the Open in Server method.

Interestingly, desktop client to desktop client sharing is enabled.

Is there ANY way whatsoever that I can publish the contents of the inputfield inputted on the Desktop Client to AccessPoint users?

5 Replies
bradshields
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hey Matt,

I looked into this about a year ago and it wasn't possible at that time. We were looking to consolidate user entered inputfields.

Cheers Brad

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Brad.

I am expecting to hear that it isn't possible, but to me it seems illogical that inputs on the desktop client (development mode) are not visible by AccessPoint (read mode).

Hopefully they'll update this functionality.

Not applicable
Author

Did you try by defining the object containing inputfield as shared server object?

This way seems to be working....

Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure what you mean,

Do you mean add the object as a collaboration object and then share it?

Not applicable
Author

Yes. Actually, I tried it some time ago and I am not really sure it works...