Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Installation has exceeded maximum number of recoveries

Hi, I'm fairly new to QlikView and have the Personal Edition downloaded on my desktop. I have been creating documents but then Qlik won't open them saying that I've exceeded the maximum number of recoveries.

I understand that this can happen if I've been opening someone else's document but everything I have created has only been opened on my PC and I have not been prompted to recover anything. Everything I've read on Community so far indicates that my company will need to purchase a licence but it also seems to indicate that if I've been working happily on my own desktop, I shouldn't have this issue.

My company is looking at licencing for a server but in the short term I need to use Personal Edition. Is there any way that I can get my documents back and open? I'm not trying to circumvent licencing, just that I don't understand why Qlik is saying there is an issue when nothing has changed as far as the environment is concerned

Any thoughts? Or will I just have to keep recreating documents every time they lock until full licencing is in place?

T.

1 Reply
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If your company is going to get licenses anyway, I would suggest you have a chat with who ever is on that process. If it has become serious, Qlik could offer a temporary server license with which you could license your local client.

May you live in interesting times!