Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to create a What-If table or chart and have the slider or variable field impact only a specific record within a dimension, but not the entire dimension...

An example of what I am trying to do is allow the user to move a slider which would impact cost or revenue and the output would be changes in margin %. The dimension is Product Group. Right now, all of the product groups (about 10 of them) are impacted from the one variable. 

Does anyone know how (and if) I would be able to allow a slider (variable) to impact a specific product group instead of the entire dimension. For example, a 5% increase in cost and a 4% increase on product group B would change the total gross margin % by X%; as opposed a 5% increase in cost and a 4% increase in price across the board. I want to minimize the need for the user to have to make selections from list boxes and export the data to do additional calculations. I'm not very experienced with scripting or data models, but have been designing mostly from the user interface properties.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You can do this using variables.  I have attached a similar example (with the change affecting the price of a single product) just to show you what I mean, but you could easily use margin instead.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can do this using variables.  I have attached a similar example (with the change affecting the price of a single product) just to show you what I mean, but you could easily use margin instead.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much! So this isn't set analysis is it? It's a little different. Is the "%SelectProduct" a field from a table? is it a variable, or is it something else?

The example you provided is very helpfull, I'm going to try this. 

Not applicable
Author

Nope, no set analysis.  To create the %SelectProduct field I created an island table in the script and added a Hide Prefix statement so that it won't show up in the Current Selections box (not necessary, just for aesthetic reasons). 

Capture.JPG

Then the input box (slider for you) uses the variable vMargin to adjust the price in the expression.  Let me know if you have any questions.