Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muthukumar77
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is there Qlikview Android App?

Is there Qlikview Android App?

if there, Can you send the download link?

Muthukumar Pandiyan
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

No, I believe there is no QV Android app (there is an iOS app, but no Android app).

You can use any webbrowser running on android to open QV documents on QV server / access point.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

No, I believe there is no QV Android app (there is an iOS app, but no Android app).

You can use any webbrowser running on android to open QV documents on QV server / access point.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Stefan is right, there is no Android client like there is for iOS. I think the reason is simple: both Windows and iOS offer a pretty stable and consistent API across different platform versions to write a single client app that runs on all of them.

Android doesn't do in consistency or stable APIs. Every version (and there are quite a lot of them already) differs a bit or a lot from the others, and every manufacturer adds stuff that makes it pretty difficult to keep a single Android client in perfect shape on all platforms.

And in the end, a browser offers almost all of the features that QlikView needs except for Responsive Design. But that's more of a QlikView problem that Qlik Sense solves in a very clean way. Maybe QV12 may improve on this in a later SR, I don't know.

BTW Qlik Sense doesn't need clients, just browsers...

Peter