Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a Variable Expression viewer?

I'm trying to standardize many of our calculations into variables.  I'm also nesting them and I am a few levels deep now.  Is there a way for me to see how all the variables are evaluated at once so I can troubleshoot and see my progress easier?  What I've been doing now is manually displaying them in text boxes but that's too manual and time consuming.

Thanks,

Arturo

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Arturo

Yup :

• Settings
  • Variable Overview

Or:

• Ctrl + Alt + V

Best Regards,     Bill

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Nope. The variable overview shows the un-evaluated variables. There's not something like the Immediate window in the VBA editor in Excel. I don't think it's possible either. If you use variables in chart expressions the variables are evaluated in the context of the chart (unless you design it so it's not). The result could differ per row (or column).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill but Gysbert followed up what what I was referencing.

Gysbert, you're right about the cases for variables evaluated in charts.  Most of what I have are aggregate calculations that are defined by user selections and inputs.  I was hoping I could find a useful tool for that.  Thanks for your feedback though. 

If anyone else out there has any additional input I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

Arturo