Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a limit for how many rows can be displayed in a straight table chart?

I have a very simple app with 2.8 Million rows in 1 table. 

If I limit the load to lets say 100,000 rows everything works great but if I don't then Qlikview locks up.  192 gigs of RAM on the server so that's not likely the problem.

If I limit the load then apply filters then reload without limiting to 100,000 rows it works but if I clear the filters it just locks up. 

I tried this on both Qlikview servers and some desktops.

I am running QV 11.

I am thinking it's bad design to have 2.8 million rows in a straight table but need to know if that's truly a problem or if something else could be going on?

Thanks

Dan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I disabled your expressions and added them as calculated dimensions.

I added a dummy expression of 1 and hide the column.

Now I have no problem removing the filters, although it runs a little slow on my laptop.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have had this problem before with tables that require a large amount of rows.  Add calculation conditions to force the table to not run when there are no filters in place. Then you can customize the error message to tell the user that they must narrow the data to only one month, for example. 

Not applicable
Author

Here is an example of what I mean.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I am running v10sr5 and have an app with 11+ million rows in a straight table. No problems.

Not applicable
Author

So why does it work for you and a problem for us?  I don't have lots of columns just 10.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

What is your expression(s)?

Not applicable
Author

I attached a scrambled copy of my QVD.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I disabled your expressions and added them as calculated dimensions.

I added a dummy expression of 1 and hide the column.

Now I have no problem removing the filters, although it runs a little slow on my laptop.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks you might be on to something.  Maybe I am confused about when to use 1 over the other.

The Only problem with that is if there are no expressions and all dimensions the only horizontal scrollbar is at the

bottom of the screen not the bottom of the chart.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

You might put the IF statements for those fields in script.

Then you could have just the new fieldnames as expressions. I think the IF statement in the expression is what is killing QlikView.