Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Is there a way to open the qvw file created by other user

Hi:

I am 2 days old in learning qlikview. I have installed the free downloaded personal edition of qlikview. I am not able to open the qvw files created by other users. While searching for some help, some develpers often attach the qvw files which is quite useful for learning, but I am not able to open it since I have Personal Edition software. Is there a work around. Appreciate a quick reply on this.

Rgds

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Had there been a work around, Qliktech could not be able to sell licenses, isn't it so? No work around.

arulsettu
Master III
Master III

Hi

You can open the other users qv files 4 times. After that you need to purchase the licence Key for QV. better avoid opening other users file...

Not applicable

you can buy license for personal edition then only u can able to see.first three qvw files u can after that it is not possible

regards

Mahesh T

bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks much for the valuable insights.

Not applicable

Hi Bimala,

if you are fine with answers close the thread by selecting correct and helpful it will be useful for others as well.

regards

Mahesh T

Not applicable

Get Qlikview License you will open any .qvw file after releasing qlikview license

Thanks

Not applicable

On that continuation, I am looking for the method of key encryption by which QlikView keeps track of files created in free edition. Any idea?

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Anirban - Curious to know why?

Bimala - I strongly recommend you to read this thread. You need to have Desktop License or lease a CAL from QlikView Server.

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com