Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a way to reduce the size of the Reload Log File?

Hello,

I've tried searching in here, but I haven't found much.

So the thing is that when I reload, the log file that is generated is 2GB, and I was wondering if there's a way to decrease it's size, whether via something Qlikview-related or a different program.

Cheers,

Eduardo García.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Is there a lot of script looping that causes so much output? There is no way (unfortunately) to turn logging on/of from within a script. I always use a log files. Extremely rarely I turn off the log file in Document properties for extreme cases.

I would take a look at why so many lines are being generated. It may indicate an inefficient load process as well.

-Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Is there a lot of script looping that causes so much output? There is no way (unfortunately) to turn logging on/of from within a script. I always use a log files. Extremely rarely I turn off the log file in Document properties for extreme cases.

I would take a look at why so many lines are being generated. It may indicate an inefficient load process as well.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I see. I'll see what the issue is with the script. However I think I'll be splitting the log file into pieces, or extracting the place where the error occurs with a batch script.

Thanks for the answer though!