Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue tracking with changing state

Hi,

I am working on issue tracking reports. In this a KEY ( this is unique and primary key ) can be worked on several times a day and tagged to different states like open, on-hold, in-progress, closed etc...

We are making a report in which one should see no of keys in each state withing selected period ( year and month ).

Since a key can be in more than one state in each day, it is counted in more than one state.

However it should show a key is closed or in-progress if max time has closed or in-progress.

ex S-12345 KEY is in the states of on-hold at 31-12-2010 14:00:05, in-progress at 31-12-2010 15:30:00, closed at 31-12-2010 18:15:20 . So the key should be counted in Closed and not in other state if the selection period is Dec-2010.

How can i write such an expression.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Shubhu,

This can be your starting point.

I think you need to edit into set according to scenario and condition.

Best of luck buddy...

count({<Year=,Month=,Day=,STATUS={'ONHOLD','INPROGESS','CLOSED}'>} DISTINCT KEY)

Regards,

Dushyant

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

I created this example to anothere post. I do something very similar.

I used the script to create flags that you can use at the interface to select the last value on a period or you can use still at the script to remove lines that are not the last state.

Please tell if you have any difficulties to adapt this to your case.

Rgds,

Not applicable
Author

Erich,

Thanks for the app.

I have a field named Last_known_Update_Date

I used that like

count( if( Updated_on = Last_Known_Update_Date, key ) )

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

In this post you have two different approaches to what you are looking for. It uses FirstSortedValue and Aggr to get the maximum date and return, given one value for one key in your case the last value in table.

Hope that helps.