Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fgirardin
Creator
Creator

Issue when loading binary and SQL datas

Hello,

I'm loading datas from a binary file "file.qvw" and load some other datas from the main SQL database

Note that the QVW is exported from the same SQL Database but I can't modify it

The QVW File loads several sales informations, like "ITEM N" "Sale Document N°" "Item Price"

This file loads only ITEMS linked to a Sale Document

Using this QVW, I can create the following table (simplified)

ITEM N                         DOCUMENT N°          PRICE

M0840-0500-011A             011 0000                   200

As I need more informations on specific items, I also load several fields from SQL directly

LOAD

ITEM N,

DETAILS;

From Database.dbo."ITEMLIST"

I can now modify my table as follow

ITEM N                         DOCUMENT N°          DETAILS                PRICE

M0840-0500-011A              011 0000                   AAAB                     200

The problem I'm facing is when I want to get informations about an ITEM that is not loaded by the QVW file but only by the SQL data

If I use a search field on my document, I see the ITEM N° that I'm looking for, but I cannot select it (greyed out)

qve1.JPG

This item has never been sold and has no documents attached to it. However, it still has several others informations that I'd like to display on the table, wich would look like this

ITEM N                         DOCUMENT N°     DETAILS                PRICE

M0840-0500-011A               011 0000           AAAB                     200

M0840-0500-000A                                         ABAB                 

Note that I use expression available in the QVW as well as SQL. To be sure, I didn't load the binary field and I can select all the previously greyed ITEMS

qve3.JPG

As I understand (or not), data not loaded by the QVW file are not loaded from any other source ?

Is there a way to "force" load datas from SQL even if not present in the QVW ?

I tried exporting all QVW tables as QVD, Drop tables then import QVD, but it doesn't work (or at least, i was not able to make it work)

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Cheers

Fabien

0 Replies