Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with setting multiple variables in trigger

I have setup event triggers for when a variable changes or a selection is made.  The issue I'm having is that there are multiple cases where I want to set multiple variables during this trigger and reference previously set variables in subsequent sets but they first variables don't' seem to be updated.

I've attached an example QVW that's a paired down use case.  You'll notice as you change the dates that the QVDFullFilePath variable is always 1 dates behind the other file names.

The outcome I'd like to see is setting a variable in one step and then using the variable in the next.  But that doesn't seem to be working.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to work around this?

3 Replies
Nicole-Smith

You can't base one variable off of another variable in the same trigger.  All variable triggers are set at the same time.  After that, all field triggers are executed at the same time.  You'll need to rethink the way that you're setting them and use whatever you're using to set the first one in the subsequent ones as well.

Not applicable
Author

I'd flag this answer as correct if it wasn't so painful, illogical and counterintuitive lol

So basically the promote/demote doesn't do a damn thing.  Can I cascade updates?  I set the first variable in the first trigger, then trigger the next variable update off the change in the variable that was set and so on?   I thought I tried that and I didn't see it cascade but I could be mistaken.

Nicole-Smith

I've never tried it, but I kind of doubt it will work.