Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeltaBI
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with transfer state in Qlikview 12.10

Hi All,
I have an issue with transferring selection from one report to another. Most frustrating is that process is working perfectly on Dev environment but once we move the same files to Prod environment - selection is not being transferred.

I went through a bunch of articles of how to set it up in Qlikview and I think that I got it right how the mechanism works.

I need help in finding if there is any particular setting on server that can prevent states of being transferred between reports? I did compare server settings from C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings.txt and indeed there are some differences between Dev and Prod servers but I have no idea which can be responsible for the unexpected behavior.

Please help.
DeltaBI

Labels (1)
3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You are using the same client -- eg Full Browser -- to access both environments?

-Rob

DeltaBI
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, the same.

DeltaBI
Contributor
Contributor
Author

In general server settings are looking good. 

Perhaps the issue lies in Server Bookmarks. On Stage environment we have only few bookmarks and once the same users transfers the selection between the report A and B - I see that a bookmark ID gets incremented by 1 (BM100-100 -> BM101-100). And in the URL the new bookmark ID is used.

In Production it looks the same but we have far more bookmarks - hundreds or more. Not sure what settings I need to check in the QMC that can relate to bookmarks handling.

Any further ideas?