Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issues with selecting multiple things with Select in Field

I am having some issues selecting in field for both nulls as well as dates after a certain value.

I brought the nulls in as values with:  

NULLASVALUE *;

I can also separately select with:    =''      to find nulls and     ='>='&begindate        to find dates greater than a variable.

I however cant seem to get both to select at the same time.

Other online content seems to suggest ='(' & '' &  '|' & '>='  & begindate & ')'      

but I have not be able to achieve success with this/

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to better demonstrate what you are trying to do?

Not applicable
Author

I have a field that contains dates and nulls. Here is a subset of that field. Nulls indicate not closed.

I have a date variable that I am defining with a calendar that I am triggering on.

I am wanting to select anything after that variable as well as any nulls. I can do each of these separately with success just not together.

Not applicable
Author

Figured out my issue. I was assuming Qlikview handled the loaded null values as less than my date value. However it seems like it handled them as having no relation (IE not <,>,=, or <>). So I was able to make my selection with a combination of Selecting in Field all values less than my date and then doing a Select Excluded.