Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Javascript Error In QlikView Desktop WebView

I have QlikView 11 v11.00.11149.0 IR installed on my Windows 8 machine. When I change to WebView and try to add a sheet object, I get a Javascript error. It reads "Unable to get property 'getAttribute' of undefined or null refernece", URL: http://qlikview/QvAjaxZfc/QvAjax.js.

Does anyone know why and how to resolve it?

27 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think I found a solution. It really was the IE10 that was causing the problem. So temporary workaround is to remove IE10 by following these instructions that I found.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you have Win7, this is indeed the solution. Unfortunately in Win8 downgrading IE10 isn't possible(allowed)..

Not applicable
Author

Same problem for me: I can't downgrade my IE, so I'm stuck with a IE 10 add cannot add/use any extension because of a javascript error.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

as a temporary "solution" I installed win7 in dual boot, but that's probably not the answer you where looking for Anyway, help is on the way! Qliktech released a beta version which is win8 (and so IE10) supported. At the moment only for partners and customers, but hopefully, in the near future,for everybody.(beta will run untill april 30 2013)  So I guess patience is the key..

link: http://community.qlik.com/blogs/technicalbulletin/2013/04/17/qlikview-version-112-service-release-2-...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Qliktech just released the 11.20 SR2, which is IE10 supported! There even is a seperate WIN8 version. (this on I tested, and no more Javascript error. )

Downloads are available at www.qlik.com/download

Not applicable
Author

I had so many problems with QV 11.2 SR 1, I fear to install a 11.2 version again...

I'll  wait for a QV 11.0 SR 3.

Not applicable
Author

no need to uninstall nothing...

just use the compatibility mode

when open the browser press F12 and in the lower windows change the doduments mode to previous

version or any version that work for you

good luck

Not applicable
Author

any ideas for using this kind of objects on a ipad?

Not applicable
Author

according to documentation QlikTech this error has been fixed in version SR3 11.20

Not applicable
Author

What do you mean by " this kind of objects" ?