Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keeping Track of a Recon

Good day,

We have constructed recon reports for a customer.  The aim of the report is to see where financial transactions for branches mathes and does not match.

The report displays the recon quite nicely however since there are many branches, the customer would like to investigate each "mismatch", maybe make a remark and move on.

My question is how can I implement a mechanisms where the customer can mark certain records as being checked first of all so that they don't have to go back or start over every time, and possible to have a "remark" noted on the record.

I have an idea to possible use a variable and write this to preferably a QVD, which is also used as a source to indicate processed records.  Then to also perhaps have a button which "saves/appends" the "processed" record ID value to a "Processed" QVD file.

There is however no functionality or action for this on a button.

I was thinking maybe one can use a macro ?

However I was also thinking about the possibility that the user can just select a record and the id is automatically recorded because if it's "entered" manually there is the risk of human errors.

Has this perhaps been done before or does someone know of a good way to facilitate this requirement ?

Thank you in advance,

Edwin

0 Replies