Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Keeping scroll position

I have a straight chart with a lot of columns. If I scroll to the right, then double-click a column header to sort by that column, it automatically scrolls all the way back to the left. Is there any way to keep the scroll position when sorting?

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, goto Properties of the Chart -> Layout -> Select Preserve Scroll Position.

Regards

Prasath

danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I tried that. It doesn't work.

Not applicable

Hi..

I am facing a similar problem. Was this solved?

I am currently using QlikView11 SR1

Thanks,

mrunmayi

Not applicable

I am having the same issue with the vertical scroll bar, even though I made the preserve scroll position selection. I just discovered that the preserve scroll position setting only seems to work if the dimension that I'm using in the chart is not hidden.

When I leave it un-hidden (which is the default), then all is fine. This messes up the visual appearance of the chart, since in this case I don't want the dimension column to be the first column, but I did trickery with colors and advanced dimension settings to make it this dimension column sort of invisible even though it is not hidden.

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Keep scroll position setting in object properties works only if your object/table contains input field, so that the object is not refreshed every time you enter new value into an input field. I suppose that when you change sorting the object is recalculated (to reflect change in sorting in case it contains some relative functions like above() or top()). It is annoying, but I guess we have to live with it for now.