Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Label Alignment on Stacked Bar chart

I'm struggling with getting the labels on my bar chart to appear where they are supposed to be. 

What's right: values on data points at top of each bar show total of each bar

Whats not: 2nd expression added to show text on axis for % of each bar relative to total of all bars is showing multiple times (once for each value in the secondary dimension maybe?) and the values are staggered locations, i want them to just be at the bottom of each bar.

Primary dimension labels shifted off to the right when i added the 2nd expression for text on axis.

Text on axis.png

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?  Sample doc attached.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Since you're using two dimensions you will get a Text on Axis row for each value of the second dimension. They're staggered because they're all different SKU values so they all get the Text on Axis value on a different row. There's nothing you can do about that except disabling the Text on Axis option. If you need those percentages shown then you'll have to use a second chart and put the two charts on top of each other, with the top chart having a transparent background.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Since you're using two dimensions you will get a Text on Axis row for each value of the second dimension. They're staggered because they're all different SKU values so they all get the Text on Axis value on a different row. There's nothing you can do about that except disabling the Text on Axis option. If you need those percentages shown then you'll have to use a second chart and put the two charts on top of each other, with the top chart having a transparent background.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand