Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Labels in Search Object

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to set a label in the search objetct's fields. I need to use this object, but i'm affraid that the user may confusse its fields and make wrong selections.

If its not possible, please help me to find an alternative way.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You should always rename fields as soon as possible with the AS statement, as this makes development and maintainability much easier.

As well as the Search box not having an option to alias, when you use the GetCurrentField function (with Cycle groups) this also does not allow you to alias.

It's all about starting off on the right foot, which is something I covered in a blog post some time ago:

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/start-your-qlikview-project-the-right-way/

Cheers,

Steve

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can think in 2 options:

- You can able the caption on the object;

- In the properties of the object, on Presentation tab you can define the Text in Search Field. So there you can define the text that will replace the "Search" text on the search field.

Regards,

Gabriel

Not applicable
Author

Just use user-frendly field names. Rename them.

Not applicable
Author

So there is not a way to make it look easier

Ok, thanks.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You should always rename fields as soon as possible with the AS statement, as this makes development and maintainability much easier.

As well as the Search box not having an option to alias, when you use the GetCurrentField function (with Cycle groups) this also does not allow you to alias.

It's all about starting off on the right foot, which is something I covered in a blog post some time ago:

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/start-your-qlikview-project-the-right-way/

Cheers,

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Redefiniendo el texto que va en donde pones la busqueda me parece que va a funcionar, se lee bastante bien.

Sino un objeto de texto con bastante transparencia arriba del objeto? para que parezca una etiqueta.

qlikconsultant
Creator III
Creator III

You could try a help text for confused users.

List Box Properties -> Caption -> at the bottom

Also rename the values with applymap in the load script.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks to everybody for the responses! The problem is that i have a Qualify, so it makes it quite hard to understand which field are you searching.

Nevermind, i will see if i can rename them.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The other golden rule is never to use QUALIFY in a production app. Afraid

that going back and renaming is the best bet.